In an effort to help restaurants navigate the recovery phase of the pandemic, DoorDash announced a new “Main Street Strong” initiative that includes new products, programs and policies to help restaurants survive and grow their businesses. That assistance includes helping restaurants set up online stores and $0 delivery fees on all orders from local restaurants every Saturday June, among others.
Pulled from a press release on the announcement, the “Main Street Strong” campaign includes the following new efforts:
- DoorDash Storefront
- This new service enables restaurants to create their own online stores at the click of a button, providing them with a turnkey solution to offer their customers on-demand access to their restaurant without investing in and building their own in-house logistics. With this all-in-one solution for restaurants to build their own digital Storefronts, customers can order takeout or delivery directly from the restaurant’s website or app, which plugs into DoorDash’s fulfillment network to complete the delivery. By our estimate, 40% of our restaurant partners today do not have their own ecommerce platform. Because this is the restaurant’s website, they control and own the customer experience.DoorDash Storefront will be widely available in July, and DoorDash will waive set-up, software, and merchant delivery fees for local restaurants through the end of 2020.
- Expanding DoorDash Weblinks program
- This new service is for restaurants that would prefer to have DoorDash manage their digital ordering experience by redirecting their customers to DoorDash. DoorDash is offering 0% commission to restaurants with 5 of fewer locations on all weblink orders, both delivery and pick up, through the end of 2020.
- Local Restaurant Saturdays
- By popular demand from local restaurants, DoorDash will offer customers $0 delivery fees on all orders from local restaurants every Saturday in June to help them drive additional sales. “Local Restaurant” promotions over the last 2 months helped drive over 1 million incremental deliveries. DoorDash will continue to invest in growing its Local Favorites curated restaurant lists (carousels), which feature a rotating selection of local restaurants, to drive additional demand and discovery to independent restaurants. DoorDash is also offering all DashPass subscribers 10% off their pickup orders in the month of June, helping restaurants serve customers at their physical storefronts in more convenient and affordable ways.
More information on the program is available here.