With a new product called Grab & Go Bento, DoorDash hopes to make it easier for parents to pack lunch for their school-bound kids—with an assist from actress Jessica Biel. The new bento-inspired lunches are designed to appeal to picky kiddos, and they can now be ordered to anyone’s doorstep without having to cosplay as a sandwich artist.
The largest U.S.-based meal delivery provider parented with the actress, who is also a parent, to build a lineup of kid- and parent-approved meals with items like sunflower seed butter and grape sandwiches, salami and cheese sandwiches and bags with cream cheese—all with a healthy assortment of fruits, vegetables and treats, like stroopwafel and chocolate chip energy bars.
As supporting evidence for the creation of Grab & Go Bento, DoorDash cited the challenges parents and kids face when bringing homemade lunches to school.
“Packing school lunches is hard. What do I pack? How much will it cost? Will my kid even eat it?” the company wrote in a blog post. “These are just some of the thoughts going through parents’ minds the night before—or even the day-of back-to-school. The struggle is real, and with summer winding down, nearly three in five parents have reported being stressed just thinking about packing kids lunches.”
Here’s how the new program works, according to DoorDash:
- For $25 ($15 for DashPass members with code BENTO10), parents will receive a lunch kit of five lunches—an entire school weeks’ worth—of ready-made lunch options chock-full of both parent and kid-approved lunchtime favorites, created in partnership with Jessica Biel, and available while supplies last.
- To order, simply head to the Grab & Go Bento shop on DoorDash. The meals are available via nationwide shipping for a limited time.
- DoorDash will donate five meals per purchase to the All Peoples Community Center to aid in the organization’s commitment to help children succeed at each stage of development.
- That’s it! Sit back, relax, and enjoy what’s left of the summertime knowing that you’ve done your homework.
Here’s what five days of kid- and parent-approved meals include:
- Monday: Plain bagel sliced with plain cream cheese, fresh carrot sticks with ranch dip, gluten-free white cheddar puffs, fresh apple slices and a gluten-free caramel and vanilla stroopwafel
- Tuesday: Sunflower seed butter and grape sandwich, organic cheddar bunnies baked snack crackers, fruit mix bowl in juice, fresh carrot sticks with ranch dip and organic bunny fruit snacks
- Wednesday: Baked tortilla scoops with sides of medium salsa and guacamole, mozzarella cheese, fresh apple slices and a chocolate chip cookie
- Thursday: Sunflower seed butter and strawberry sandwich, hummus spread with pretzels, fresh carrot sticks, mozzarella cheese and an organic chocolate chip energy bar
- Friday: Genoa salami and white cheddar cheese, fresh carrot sticks, organic bunny fruit snacks, gluten-free aged white cheddar puffs, and fresh apple slices
- Bonus Item: Five chocolate KinderSprout organic plant-based protein nutrition shakes
Customers that place orders between August 1-9 can expect to receive lunches for the week of August 14, and orders placed between August 11-16 can expect to receive lunches for the week of August 21.