DoorDash announced the winners of the winterization grants provided through its Main Street Strong effort. These grants are the first to be provided through the winterization program, which allocated $5,000 grants to 360 restaurants in Chicago, Denver, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco and San Jose.
The grants are being administered by Hello Alice, and can be directed towards implementing changes necessary to adapt to colder temperatures, such as buying heating equipment, additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and more.
Earlier this month, DoorDash announced an increase in funding for restaurant support grants, totaling $10 million to help restaurants around the country cover costs and stay afloat. The full list of recipients can be found here.
It is more important now than ever, as indoor dining restrictions are being reimposed, to support local restaurants who are struggling and cannot afford to lose critical revenue. Currently, Denver restaurants are allowed to remain open for takeout, delivery, and outdoor dining.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, DoorDash has taken significant active steps to ensure the safety of our entire community, including providing:
- $120 million in commission relief and marketing investments
- 50% reduction in commissions for mom-and-pop restaurants, plus 0% commissions for pickup and 0% commissions for restaurants new to DoorDash
- Free personal safety equipment for Dashers, including hand sanitizer, gloves, wipes, and masks
- Two weeks of earnings for eligible Dashers affected by COVID-19
- COVID-19 screenings and telemedicine appointments for just $4 per visit
Keep up with Food On Demand!
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest industry news and updates.